I mentioned in my last post that I was going to post up a picture of the book that Max Barry signed for me. Well, here it is! The “who rescued me in a Warwick Avenue Pub” bit was because I was the first one to arrive after Max. When I got in and said hello, he said that he was a bit nervous for a couple of minutes worrying that no-one was going to show up! Anyway. That is actually the first book I’ve ever had signed by the author, so I’m rather pleased 🙂
The next thing is, iPods and Linux. I don’t know if I posted much about this before, but basically I’ve had some trouble with my iPod and Linux. There were a couple of bits of software I tried for it, namely YamiPod and GtkPod. Both of them seemed to have trouble with my iPod. It wasn’t so much that they didn’t want to work with it at all, it was just that I would sometimes find songs disappeared (don’t ask me why!). They would appear to be there when I looked at them on my computer, but when I disconnected my iPod and looked they had disappeared. Strange.
Anyway, I think I’ve got that problem cracked. My iPod is quite a new one – it’s a fifth generation video iPod, which is apparently quite new. I was using a slightly older version of GtkPod – something like 0.93. It was in the Fedora Core extras RPM repository, which is probably why it was a few versions behind… the latest version is something like version 0.99. I’ve downloaded and installed it, and it seemed to work absolutely fine!
I’ve transferred 746 songs to my iPod, and it shows up with 746 there… not bad going!
So, I’d recommend newer versions of GtkPod if you’re dealing with an iPod and Linux! If I come across any other problems, I shall be sure to post here. Anyway, stick a fork in me, I’m done. Night!