Facebook Photo Uploader no more…

I’ve closed off my Facebook Photo Uploader project for the foreseeable future.

The main reason is that I just don’t have the time to develop it to make it actually work! The problems started a few months ago, Facebook introduced an album ID format which used Strings rather than Longs (essentially they could contain non-numeric characters, which messed up the Facebook Java API code I was using). The Facebook Java API project have released a new version, but unfortunately it also has a few other changes which would require a fair bit of work to port back into my uploader.

So, I’ve closed the project and told people to use Bloom instead.

If anyone’s interested in taking over the project, then please do let me know.

Advertisements