Hi. I’m Phill Sacre, the creator of this blog. You’ll probably have guessed it already from my cunning use of domain name (phill sacre.me.uk… that can’t just be a coincidence!)
Anyway, if you’re looking for information about me, you’ve come to the right place.
Before becoming ordained, I was a software developer – I studied Computer Science at the University of Essex (graduating in 2004) and then spent my working life up until August 2011 working in a variety of different companies on a variety of different projects. If you’re into that kind of thing, I used to maintain another blog for my J2EE related advice and experiences.
Personal: I have been married since June 2006 to Philippa (or Phil for short. Yes, we do have the same name). Since October 2013 we have a beautiful daughter called Lydia.
Hobbies: I enjoy music in a variety of forms depending on my mood – I love listening to it as I’m out and about. I also enjoy trying to create music (piano / guitar / drums) – I’m not very good at any of them but I enjoy it, and as long as I have a reasonably sound-proof room everybody’s happy…
I enjoy taking photos, although I haven’t had much of a chance to do much photography since my daughter was born. (Well, most of the photos I now take are of my daughter, which is probably not very interesting to anyone else!)
I also like… films (mainly silly comedy films such as ‘This is Spinal Tap’, ‘Dogma’, ‘Airplane’ etc) and TV (e.g. ‘Spaced’, ‘Green Wing’, ‘Black Books’ etc), books (Christian books, as you can imagine, but also books by Max Barry, Scott Adams, Douglas Adams etc), and … that’s more info than you could possibly want to know about me.
Me on the Internet
Inspired by a friend of mine, I thought I would post up a list of websites which I am involved with.
- Twitter – this is how I manage to waste hours of my life.
- I do have a Facebook Profile although I tend to reserve it only for those who know me “in real life”…
- You can see my photos on RedBubble (for prints etc), or Flickr (for general viewing…)
(These two are now defunct, but I preserve them for the sake of completeness)
- Phill’s J2EE Blog – this is my other (no longer maintained) blog for more J2EE-related posts
- StackOverflow.com – this is a question and answer site for programmers. Now I’m not a programmer any more I don’t really contribute to it, but still.
Christian / Religious Things
- I occasionally write articles for various online publications, you can see more info on the Creations section. In fact, just see that section instead!