Hi. I’m Phill Sacre, the creator of this blog. You’ll probably have guessed it already from my cunning use of domain name (phill sacre.me.uk… that can’t just be a coincidence!)
Anyway, if you’re looking for information about me, you’ve come to the right place.
Work: I’m a curate (kind of like an assistant or trainee church minister) at St John the Baptist, Great Clacton. Before being ordained, I trained for three years at Oak Hill Theological College in North London.
Before becoming ordained, I was a software developer – I studied Computer Science at the University of Essex (graduating in 2004) and then spent my working life up until August 2011 working in a variety of different companies on a variety of different projects.
Personal: I have been married since 2006 to Philippa (or Phil for short. Yes, we do have the same name). We now have two beautiful daughters, Lydia (born 2013) and Zoe (born 2017) – they keep us busy but it is all worthwhile.
Hobbies: I enjoy music in a variety of forms depending on my mood – I love listening to it as I’m out and about. I also enjoy trying to create music (piano / guitar / drums) – I’m not very good at any of them but I enjoy it, and as long as I have a reasonably sound-proof room everybody’s happy…
I enjoy taking photos, although I haven’t had much of a chance to do much photography since my daughters have been around. (Well, most of the photos I now take are of them, which is probably not very interesting to anyone else!) I have recently started vlogging – see below.
I also like… films (mainly silly comedy films such as ‘This is Spinal Tap’, ‘Dogma’, ‘Airplane’ etc) and TV (e.g. ‘Spaced’, ‘Green Wing’, ‘Black Books’ etc), books (Christian books, as you can imagine, but also books by Max Barry, Scott Adams, Douglas Adams etc), and … that’s more info than you could possibly want to know about me.
Me on the Internet
Inspired by a friend of mine, I thought I would post up a list of where you can find me on the internet:
- Twitter – I post on Twitter a lot less than I used to, but I still retweet interesting articles and put up the occasional tweet on various topics. I do read it frequently though.
- I have a Facebook Profile although I tend to reserve it only for those who know me “in real life”…
- I use Instagram – I usually post up every few days and enjoy browsing / sharing photos. (You can see some of my photos on RedBubble. Sadly my Flickr account is now defunct so you can’t access all my old photos.)
- I have started vlogging a little – you can see my YouTube Channel.
- I have also started a YouTube channel called Worship Guitar for Everyone Else, for those who play guitar in churches, if that’s your kind of thing.