Facebook Photo Uploader no more…

I’ve closed off my Facebook Photo Uploader project for the foreseeable future.

The main reason is that I just don’t have the time to develop it to make it actually work! The problems started a few months ago, Facebook introduced an album ID format which used Strings rather than Longs (essentially they could contain non-numeric characters, which messed up the Facebook Java API code I was using). The Facebook Java API project have released a new version, but unfortunately it also has a few other changes which would require a fair bit of work to port back into my uploader.

Check out my new online project:

So, I’ve closed the project and told people to use Bloom instead.

If anyone’s interested in taking over the project, then please do let me know.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *