People have often asked me the question “Why do you blog?”. Actually, I think only one person has ever asked me that question, but I bet you it’s on the minds of a lot of people.
Well, I received the Dilbert Newsletter yesterday, which contained the best explanation I’ve heard yet of why I do this blog.
It goes something like this:
People who are trying to decide whether to create a blog or not go through a thought process much like this:
1. The world sure needs more of ME.
2. Maybe Iâ€™ll shout more often so that people nearby can experience the joy of knowing my thoughts.
3. No, wait, shouting looks too crazy.
4. I know â€“ Iâ€™ll write down my daily thoughts and badger people to read them.
5. If only there was a description for this process that doesnâ€™t involve the words egomaniac or unnecessary.
6. What? Itâ€™s called a blog? Iâ€™m there!
Of course, I bet Scott Adams is the kind of person who would actually have something slightly useful to say, as opposed to me — who doesn’t have anything useful to say at all!
Ah well, I’ll just join in the myriad throng of people who blog about something and nothing. But perhaps something useful will come in on the way…